If you are on the hunt for Ground Beef Recipes using Taco Seasoning I have an easy and delicious recipe to share with you that cooks up super fast.
This Easy Taco Ring is made from crescent rolls, hamburger meat and a few other common ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry and fridge.
Let me show you just how easy this is to make.
Ingredients Needed to Make a Taco Crescent Ring
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- hamburger meat
- taco seasoning
- cheddar cheese
- dehydrated onion
- olive oil
- toppings of your choice: lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, salsa, sour cream, black olives
This recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight when you need dinner done fast. It comes together so easily and your family will love it. It will quickly become one of your go-to ground beef recipe ideas.
And while you’re here, check out some of these amazing taco inspired meals.
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
While the oven is heating up, let’s brown the meat.
Add the olive oil, dehydrated onions and garlic. Heat them up over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
Add the raw hamburger meat to the skillet and cook it until it is no longer pink.
I like to use one of these meat choppers when I am cooking ground beef or ground turkey. It helps take all of the clumps out of the meat as it cooks.
As the hamburger meat gets close to being done, sprinkle on the taco seasoning and combine it well into the meat.
(Did you know that batch cooking taco meat will help cut down on prep time going forward. It’s such a great time saver for busy families.)
While your meat is cooking, go ahead place the crescent roll dough on a pizza pan. I actually like to use a baking stone.
JAMIE OLIVER Pizza Stone and Serving Rack – Round Earthenware Clay – 14 inchGEEBOBO Pizza Stone for Oven and Grill, Free Wooden Pizza Peel Paddle,Durable and Safe Pizza Stone for Grill,Thermal Shock Resistant Cordierite Cooking Stone,Baking Stone (12 inch)
You want to place the dough triangles with the points facing outward and the flat edge facing inward. The dough triangles will overlap. Continue around the pan forming a circle.
Once your hamburger meat is done, drain off any grease if needed. Take your beef mixture and use a spoon to add it to the ring. You are going to add the taco meat to the inner edge of the dough.
See the image below so you can see how we did this.
Sprinkle the top of the meat with shredded cheese.
Take the pointed end of the crescent roll dough and pull it over the filling tucking it into the center of the ring. Repeat this for all of the triangles.
Pop it in the oven and bake it until it is golden brown. This will take 30-35 minutes.
While the crescent roll ring is in the oven, let’s chop up the veggies and get the salsa and other toppings ready. We like to top this with the same types of ingredients we would use in a taco salad.
I chopped up lettuce, green onion, tomatoes, avocado and black olives.
DDF iohEF Kitchen Knife, Chef’s Knife In Stainless Steel Professional Cooking Knife, 7 Inch Antiseptic Non-slip Ultra Sharp Knife with Ergonomic Handle Ideal for Kitchen / RestaurantSimply Genius (8 Piece) Extra Thick Cutting Boards for Kitchen Prep, Non Slip Flexible Cutting Mat Set, Dishwasher Safe, BPA Free Plastic Colorful Chopping Mats for Meats and Vegetables
Once the ground beef taco ring is golden brown and the dough is thoroughly cooked you can take it out of the oven.
I like to let it cool for 10-15 minutes before adding the toppings.
Once the ring is cooled off a bit add the lettuce to the center of the ring.
Add sour cream and salsa on top of the lettuce. I like to layer it like the picture below.
You can then add the other toppings or you can individually add those to each plate based on each person’s preference.
Plate it up and enjoy!
Can I Use Homemade Taco Seasoning?
Yes! You sure can. It is so easy to make and uses common seasonings you likely already have on hand. Chili powder is the base and it has cumin, oregano and a few other seasonings. Check out this homemade taco seasoning recipe that you can make in minutes.
Can I Use Ground Turkey Instead?
Yes! Ground turkey is actually an excellent way to make this a leaner protein meal. You might want to add a little extra olive oil to the skillet when browning the meat if you use ground turkey because it is less fatty.
Can I Use Onion Powder Instead of Dehydrated Onion?
You can. For this recipe you would swap out the dehydrated onion for 2 teaspoons of onion powder. You could also use a small, fresh, chopped onion.
Also, if you want to swap out the jarred mince garlic for garlic powder or a fresh garlic clove you can do that as well. This is a very forgiving recipe.
Win Change Heat Resistant Potholders Hot Pads-6 Kitchen Pot Holders Set with 2 Pan Hot Handle Holders Trivet for Cooking and Baking,with Recycled Cotton Infill Terrycloth Lining(Grey,8 Piece)Ritz Royale Collection Terry Pot Holder/Hot Pad Set, Dew, 2-Piece, 2 Count
More Taco Meat Recipes:
Crescent Roll Taco Ring
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1.5 pounds hamburger meat
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced (we like the jarred stuff)
- sour cream
- green onion
- black olives
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Over medium heat in a skillet add olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the hamburger meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Once brown add the taco seasoning. Mix well and cook for another 1-2 minutes to ensure the seasoning is well incorporated.
- Grab a pizza pan or baking stone. Remove the crescent rolls from the container and unroll each triangle. Place the triangles on the baking pan or stone one at a time with the points facing outward and the flat edge facing inward. The dough will overlap. Go around the pan forming a circle.
- When hamburger meat is done, drain off any grease if you need to. Spoon beef mixture and put it in the inner edge of the dough one scoop at a time going in a circle all the way around the crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle top of the meat with cheese.
- Grab the pointed ends of the crescent roll dough triangles and pull them one at a time over the meat mixture and tuck them into the center of the ring. Repeat this for all of the triangles.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Once it's done remove from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add your toppings to the center of the ring and serve.