If you love Beef Stroganoff but are in a rush, I have the perfect solution for you our Quick and Easy Hamburger Stroganoff recipe!
Hamburger Stroganoff tastes so similar to the regular Beef Stroganoff, that it should satisfy any hankering you have for the real thing. This recipe is ridiculously easy – you’ll wish you had known about it a long time ago.
Made with just a few ingredients that you probably have in your pantry and refrigerator, this copycat Beef Stroganoff takes takes only minutes to prepare. You are using ground beef instead of chunks of beef, and improvising just a bit on the traditional sauce.
What is Stroganoff Sauce made of?
When making regular Beef Stroganoff, the Stroganoff sauce recipes can differ, but typically it is flour, butter, onions, garlic, a few other seasonings, mushrooms, beef broth, and then sour cream is incorporated at the very end. Sour cream is what really gives Stroganoff its amazing flavor, when combined with the other seasonings.
For our Hamburger Stroganoff however, the sauce is a little different! It tastes so much like the real deal though. With a little onion soup mix, some beer, and a few other ingredients, you’ll have a mouthwatering stroganoff sauce that only took a couple of minutes to make.
What is the best cut of meat for beef stroganoff?
When you make traditional Beef Stroganoff, the preferred cut of beef is rump roast or sirloin tips. Of course, since this is the best ground beef stroganoff recipe, just pick nice lean hamburger meat, like ground sirloin.
Looking for other easy to make dinner ideas? Our Crescent Taco Ring is a tasty and quick recipe! Of course after a savory dinner, you need something sweet for the palette, right? How about classic cookies to nosh on? Our Snickerdoodle Cookies will take your right back to your Grandma’s kitchen!
Ready to make this so simple and easy Hamburger Stroganoff?
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 packet of Onion Soup Mix
- One 16 oz. can of beer
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tsp. flour
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, brown ground beef. Drain meat and return to stove.
- Sprinkle the packet of onion soup mix over meat, then pour the whole can/bottle of beer over the meat and mix it all together. Turn the heat down to low, and simmer uncovered on low for about 20 minutes. Check about half way through to make sure there is still liquid in pan. After 20 minutes, most of the liquid should be gone except for about 1/4 to 1/2 cup or so.
- 3. Measure 1 cup of the the sour cream into a small bowl and add the flour. Mix completely. Turn heat to very lowest setting and stir in the sour cream/flour mixture until it is blended completely and mixture is warmed throughout.
- 4. Serve over rice or noodles.